Sunday 13 January 2013

58-year-old chef stabs girlfriend to death for refusing to eat his food


By

A Scottish chef has admitted to fatally stabbing his girlfriend after she said she would not be eating at his dinner party.
Peter Cumming, 58, told the High Court in Glasgow on Wednesday that he became “really angry” when he was preparing the meal and 63-year-old Lynda Brown informed him she had already eaten, STV Glasgow reported.
“I was in behind her in the bedroom (sic) and I had the knife and I don’t know where it came from. I don’t know. I was out of control. It’s just not like me. I am so in control. I need to keep things in control,” Cumming said of the September incident.
The two argued, and Brown called police, telling them, “My partner’s threatening me with a knife.” Before authorities could get there, Cumming stabbed her twice with the large kitchen blade, once while she was standing and once after she had fallen into the ground.
She was dead when officers arrived. Cumming was in handcuffs when his guests arrived.
He had several previous convictions for domestic abuse against Brown, according to the BBC. The couple, who shared the home where Brown was killed, had been together for eight years.
Brown, who was employed by the biochemistry department at Glasgow University, was “a nice woman and would never walk past you on the street without saying hello,” neighbors told the Daily Record.
Cumming will be sentenced next month.
DailyPost

No comments:

Post a Comment