Thursday 31 January 2013

AFCON 2013: “Moses Begged Me To Allow Him Play Penalties, I Will Play Spot-Kicks In Future” – Mikel Obi


John Mikel Obi has revealed that he was set to take the two penalty kicks, in the Super Eagles last Group C game against Ethiopia, but his Chelsea team mate Victor Moses, pleaded to allow him take them.
mikel37654
Obi had missed from the spot in the second game against Zambia, but Moses converted the two kicks to give Nigeria a much needed victory.
The midfielder however said he will not run away from taking spot-kicks in future.
He said: “I will not shy away from taking spots kicks because I missed one. After all, some of the best players in the world have at one time or the other missed spot kicks; so why should I be an exception.
“That I missed a spot kick does not mean that I would stop taking penalty kicks if called upon to do so. As a matter of fact, I wanted to take the kick against Ethiopia but when Moses begged me to allow him, I obliged and I am happy he scored both kicks.
“I am not dampened by that miss against Zambia at all. I will take a spot kick if we have one in our next match on Sunday.”
Nigeria play Cote d’Ivoire on Sunday, for a place in the last four.
InformationNigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment