Wednesday 23 January 2013

“Alex Ferguson is always exerting obvious pressure on referees” – Benitez

By

BenitezChelsea manager Rafa Benitez, has accused Sir Alex Ferguson, of constantly haranguing referees.
The FA have written to the Manchester United boss, asking him to explain his recent public criticisms of assistant referee Simon Beck, after his team drew 1-1 against Tottenham last weekend.
When Benitez was in charge of Liverpool, he had infamously launched an attack on Ferguson, stating that the FA gave the Scot preferential treatment and four years on, he still holds that belief.
“I always try to concentrate on my job, but at that time with Ferguson I was defending my club,” Benitez told The Times. “I could see what was happening from my point of view, and maybe now a lot of people are seeing the same things. I will not talk too much about that because it’s obvious.
“It’s a question for the FA what they do about it. What I said at that time was what I thought, and what I’m seeing now is similar.
“It depends on the FA. I don’t know what they will do, it depends on them. At this moment in time I have enough things to do here, so I want to concentrate on my job.”
Benitez however says his focus is ensuring that Chelsea make it into the next Champions League, a feat that he hopes would land him the job permanently.
“A lot of doors can be opened, but the main one is this one here,” he said regarding his future. “I don’t want to enter this debate at the moment, as the priority for me is to do really well and to win trophies.”
DailyPost

No comments:

Post a Comment