Tuesday 1 January 2013

I Don’t Regret Dumping England For Nigeria – Victor Moses


Chelsea forward, Victor Moses, has said that he does not have any regrets after chosing to play for Nigeria over England.
photo
The striker, who joined the London side from Wigan this season, said he made the right choice to play for Nigeria even though there was also an opportunity to play for England.
Moses, who has become an integral part of the Super Eagles side currently preparing for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, revealed that he had enjoyed every moment of his stay with the Nigerian national team.
“Yes, the opportunity beckoned on me to play for England, but I choose Nigeria because it has always been my ambition to play for the Super Eagles,” Moses told Goal.com.
“I don’t regret turning out in the colours of the Super Eagles. I love Nigeria and I was prepared to come and play for the nation.
“I have enjoyed every minute of my stay with the team. Coaches in England should not blame themselves that they could not convince me to wear the jersey of the Three Lions after playing for the junior side
“I waited for the opportunity to be invited to play for the national team of Nigeria and immediately they found me worthy, I did not waste time to honour the call.
“Nigeria has always been my choice if called up and when they did I was happy.
“I want to say that my game has been improving since I started playing for the Super Eagles after meeting with the coaches and players.”
Naij

No comments:

Post a Comment