Thursday 3 January 2013

If Not For Divine Intervention… OBJ Narrates Fire Incident In Abeokuta Home


Former-President-Olusegun-Obasanjo1-480x300Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday, while receiving a delegation of executive members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), from the Lagos State chapter, at his Ibara GRA hilltop residence in Abeokuta, Ogun state, recounted what transpired during the fire incident that gutted a section of his palatial building last week, saying he would have died in the inferno.
According to Obasanjo, if not for providence that made the fire to occur in the daylight and not by night, he would have been suffocated to death and become history.
A boisterous and grateful Obasanjo who was full of praises to God for sparing his life and for the opportunity to witness a new year, recalled that many documents and consumables were destroyed in the fire.
He said: “The fire, which occurred in the office of my Private Secretary, resulted in thick smoke, which pervaded my bedroom.
“If it had happened at night, I would have been a dead person by now.
“I want to thank all, and all those who called me on phone both within and outside the country.
“Let us appreciate the mercy and kindness of God.
“There are many, we started last year together, but no more today.
“We are not mocking them, but to extol God.
“In fact, that I am able to stand erect is God’s blessing.
“Many of my age group cannot stand well.
“I am not mocking them, but I am thanking God.”
The former president while aslo disclosing that he was inundated with telephone calls from within and outside the country over the incident, prayed that the New Year would be a glorious one for the country.
InformationNigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment