Monday 21 January 2013

“It was the right time to leave Arsenal, I’m surrounded by champions at United” – RVP

By

RVPUtd_WengerRobin van Persie says he has no regrets leaving Arsenal for Manchester United last summer, as it was the right time to move on.
The Gunners relunctantly sanctioned the deal for the 29-year-old Dutch striker, who was their top scorer last season and he has been an instant hit at Old Trafford, with his goals firing United to the top of the League.
Van Persie expressed his happiness with how things have turned out at his new club and says he has nothing against Arsenal, where he played for eight years.
“Arsenal are a great club and I always had a good feeling but after eight years, sometimes you feel that you need a new challenge,” Van Persie told Sky Sports in an exclusive interview. “I found that challenge at Manchester United. I do feel that I am surrounded by champions.
“I do feel that this is exactly the right time to be here. I don’t think it would have been better to come here earlier. Everything has gone this way for a reason.
“When I extended my deal a couple of years ago at Arsenal, I felt that was the right move for me – to stay and play because I wasn’t finished there. Now, since last summer, I wanted to go for a big challenge, and this was the biggest challenge for me.
“I think every day tells me that I made the right move. It’s nothing bad about Arsenal. No player is bigger than the club, Arsenal will always challenge for trophies and be up there. It was just that after eight years I was ready to move on and try something else.”
DailyPost

No comments:

Post a Comment