Monday 21 January 2013

Lagos pastor seeks divorce from his 9th wife, “He said he didn’t want another child,” wife says

by Rachel Ogbu

Pastor Ope Balogun has allegedly fallen out with his ninth wife.
He recently asked an Orile Agege Grade ‘B’ Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve his three-year-old marriage to his wife, Taiwo, because he said she’s troublesome and nags a lot.
“My wife, Taiwo, is a troublesome woman. She has driven almost all my church members away”, the 54-year-old cleric, who lives at in Oke-Odo, Agege, said as he testified that he had not known peace since he married his ninth wife.
“My children from my previous marriage cannot come to our house because they are afraid of my wife. My family members cannot visit me as well.
“My Bible school students cannot continue their studies because of her incessant troubles and even some pastors working under me left the church.
Balogun alleged that in November 2012, his wife drove him out of his house. “She pursued me from the house and she still came to damage the windows of where I am taking refuge,” he said.
But she denied the allegations.  “I am the ninth wife of Pastor Balogun. Trouble started when I took in, and he told me that he did not want a child again but just sex. He maltreated me during the pregnancy and did not pay my hospital bills when I was delivered of the baby.
“I love and respect everyone around my husband, but what usually causes misunderstanding between us is the issue of money. He does not give me and my child money for feeding.
“After the delivery, he told me that I should be eating once a day, so how do you expect the house to be peaceful?”
The defendant however told the court that despite the fact that her husband doesn’t want her anymore; she doesn’t want to leave him because of her child.
YNaija.com

No comments:

Post a Comment