Wednesday 16 January 2013

“Nobody can blackmail me” – Governor Amaechi

By

Gov Rotimi AmaechiRivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi has said he will not bow to pressure from those he said were keen on grabbing monies belonging to the state for personal use.
Speaking to newsmen on Tuesday in Port Harcourt, Amaechi vowed that he will ensure that the resources of the state were protected from a cabal he described as “hawks”.
He alleged that there were attempts by some persons to get access to the wealth of the state by all means.
‘’You know, I continue to say to the public that the greatest problem we have in Rivers politics is the attempt by few individuals to get access to the wealth of the state
.
‘’They do not care, they have no conscience; they absolutely do not have the conscience. And, within the period that I am Governor, I will not allow people tear the resources of Rivers state.
The Governor who declined to name those he was referring to, disclosed that “They are setting up themselves here and there now to grab the wealth of the state. And, I think, I owe the state a responsibility that within the period that I am Governor, whether they will blackmail me that I am God or not, whether they will blackmail me that I am Idi Amin or not, I will continue to protect the meager resources of this state.”
“You people assume that we have resources, we do not have. I have sat down with you people before to say that we do not have money. If we had money, we would have turned this state into a mini London,’’ he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment