Sunday 6 January 2013

Nollywood actress Olaitan Ogungbile recounts experience with sex-for-role producer


The subject of sexual harrasment in Nollywood, divides opinions. A lot of people believe it exists, while others still argue that actors/actresses, make up these stories.
However, an actress Olaitan Ogungbile, has come out to share her experience with a producer, who demanded for sex in exchange for a movie role.

Here is what she said:
For a long time this producer was disturbing me about dating, but I refused. So one day, he called me that I should come to Lagos, because then I was in Ife. I was still in school. I told him I didn’t have money to make the journey, but he said, ‘no problem, just come, after all you are coming to work and you will be paid.’
I packed my things and I came to Lagos. I got in early and met them at the location. But throughout that day, I didn’t work. When we got to the hotel, I was like where is my room and he showed me the room.
He came in with me. I told him I was hungry and he ordered for two plates of food and the next thing he removed his clothes.
I was like are you removing your clothes, and he said yes now. I now said to him, are you sleeping here?, and he said yes. Then I asked him where I was going to sleep, and he said here of course. And I said no, that we were not going to share the same room. I was really very furious and talking aloud. So he said I shouldn’t take it overboard that he will ask them to arrange another room for me and he did. So I went to sleep in my room.
Funny enough, he didn’t even bring my food to me. I didn’t eat that night. The following day I didn’t shoot any movie. Someone that promised me transport fare, he didn’t give me a kobo. So I left and went back to school. He’s not the only one. They are many.
DailyPost

No comments:

Post a Comment