Saturday 12 January 2013

Sunny Ade Says He Advised His Guitarist Against Cocaine Business



Sunny Ade  Sunny Ade Says He Advised His Guitarist Against Cocaine Business

It would be recall that a year ago, Juju maestro, King Sunny Ade (KSA) told Nigerians that he was born again and since then, he has been seen romancing the Redeemed Christian Church of God being the church which led him to Christ.
In this chat brief with Olayinka Latona, the music legend spoke on various issues including the recent arrest of his former guitarist over drug trafficking. Excerpt:
What is your New Year resolution?
Sunny Ade: I want to praise the Lord for the rest of my life. I am leaving everything in the hands of the Lord because He knows my heart desire. I know what He wants from me as His son. Sometimes, as human, we think, pray, plan and wait for the result but it is God who perfected all things.One of your ex-guitarists was recently arrested in connection with drug trafficking. In his defense, he blamed his action on his retirement from your band?
Sunny Ade: He is an ex-member of my group who was retired almost five years ago. I don’t deal with anybody who doesn’t believe in God. I tried my best in advising all members of my group against getting involve in hard drugs.I told them to see me as their leader and shun doing anything that is capable of tarnishing their image. I didn’t pray for anything evil to happen to him but I know his conscience will be troubled now.It has been predicted that there would be massive death among Nigerian artistes this year because of their involvement in secret cults?
Sunny Ade: I rebuke that prediction in the name of Jesus Christ. I believe there is nothing prayer cannot change. We had a very rough and difficult year in 2012. But I believe in the power of prayer and if we can pray sincerely, God will in His infinite mercies protect and preserve your lives. Whatever that has been prophecised against the artistes this year can be averted only if the artistes themselves are prayerful.What’s the secret of your evergreen music. Do you think the present day musicians are leaving up to your expectation?
Sunny Ade: My secret has been the grace of God and the talent He gave to me. There is still genuine and promising musicians in Nigeria. What I think should be done and which I have always spoken against is the idea of venturing into music because of the material gains. We may have made one or two mistakes while growing up, but such mistakes can be corrected.Before composing any songs, we should asked ourselves can we play such song in the presence of our children or grand children while at home and we will not be ashamed of doing so.What’s the relationship between King Sunny Ade and the Redeemed Christian Church of God?
Sunny Ade: This is the beginning of a new era for me. KSA and RCCG are partners in progress in the work of God. RCCG has a lot to do in my life, I want the whole world to know that, and I am proud to be a member of the church. I have been thanking God and I will continue to do so. In my compound in Ondo State, I named the chapel there after the RCCG headquarters name which is Throne of Grace; you can see God is really in love with me.Advice to the upcoming artistes?
Sunny Ade: I always advised them to have the fear of God in them which is paramount. This is because without the fear of God in you, there will not be wisdom. The fear of God, they say, is the beginning of wisdom.The secret of your youthful look?
Sunny Ade: It is the grace of God and I try to eat balance diet.
Naijaurban

No comments:

Post a Comment