Friday 15 February 2013

I Have Suddenly Become A Villain For Saving The Country Billions Of Naira – Maina Laments


mania_502660335Embattled Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team, Dr. Abdulrasheed Maina, has gone underground as it emerged that more than ever before, the manhunt for him has intensified.
On Thursday, Senators overwhelmingly supported the call for President Jonathan to sack Maina as well as his arrest by the Nigeria Police. To indicate its seriousness, the Senate gave the President 48 hours within which to sack him or face its wrath.
Maina who alleged that the Pension cabal was after his life and not just his sack, Spoke from hiding yesterday. He embattled said, “I am fast losing confidence in the country called Nigeria.
“Imagine, I have suddenly become a villain for saving the country billions of naira, being stolen daily by pension thieves.
“I’m saddened, demoralised by the whole mess. It is baffling that the hunter has become the hunted. It is simply ridiculous. How can one continue to fight for the country and the poor pensioners, when the system is so rotten to the effect that the thief catcher is being branded as the thief?” he lamented.
“Already, I have gone to court to redeem my name, save my team, with a view to go further to expose the big names behind the cabal. But with what I have seen so far, I doubt if Nigeria is worth dying for,” Maina added
InformationNigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment