The Edo State bike ridders are on rampage after gov. Adams Oshiomhole banned the use of commercial motocycle citing that it's the major means kidnappers use for kidnapping in Edo state.
What i was expecting the comrade governor to do was to ban Okada in some major streets in Benin City to reduce traffic and accident not the total ban of Okada. I say corruption & alcohol has killed more Edo people than Okada. Ban corruption not okada.
Meanwhile, gov. Oshiomhole's ban on okada has nothing to do with the reasons he gave, it has more to do with the billions of naira ha and his agents will make from a deal with the chinese to replace okada with keke Napep in urban areas of Edo State.
Keke Napep cannot employ 5% of okada riders that will be affected by this fraud. Or where the Okada men the people that committed the electoral genocide in April 2013? Below is a list of people that were kidnapped in Edo State and none of them were kidnapped by okada riders.
1. Professor Michael Ibadin, kidnapped in Benin, Chief Medical director, University Of Benin Teaching Hospital(UBTH); a senior consultant in the department of Medicine, University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH)
2. Professor Abel Onunu kidnapped by unknown gun men in Benin City.
3. General Ademokhai Major-General Peter Ademokhai, a former General Officer Commanding the 1st Mechanized Division, Nigerian Army, Kaduna, who after the ordeal told a reporter that he hates the system that has turned youths into animals.
4. NIFOR Director, Dr. Dere Okiy abducted in Evboneka village (escaped miraculously);
5. Kelly Odaro, Chief Press Secretary to the Edo State Deputy Governor, was kidnapped by unidentified gunmen in September.
6. Mr. Ikpomwonsa Edebiri, a member of Edo State Football Association, was kidnapped penultimate, along the Warri Sapele Road, while on his way to Benin City to watch the semi-final match between Enyimba and Ocean Boys football clubs.
7. January 15: The Vice-Chairman, Ovia S/W Hon. Joel Osas Oliha kidnapped in Benin City.
8. January 24: The Chairman, CAN, Edo State Council Rev. Peter Imasuen abducted in Benin City.
9. January 29: Rev. Sister (name withheld) kidnapped in Jattu.
10. February 4: The Principal, Idia College Mrs. Dorothy Igbinovia abducted in Benin City.
11. March 20: Mother of Comrade Oshiomhole aide, Madam Rebecca Edu Okubor kidnapped in Inikorogha village.
12. April 15: Dean of Faculty of Sciences, UNIBEN Prof. Esosa Bob Osazee abducted in Benin City, (Rescued).
13. May 24: A Dentist at the Central Hospital, Benin Dr. Osaro Osifo abducted in Benin City.
14. August 18: The CEO, Doris Day Hotel, Mrs. Doris Oboh kidnapped in Benin City.
15. August 24: Two persons (names withheld) abducted in Iguoba village near Ogba, Benin City.
16. August 24: ACN Chieftain, Chief Thomas Ahanor kidnapped in Oza village. (Killed after collection of ransom).
17. August 29: A Delta State-lawmaker Hon. Abel Oshevire abducted in Benin City.
18. September 9: The Chief Medical Director, Federal Psychiatric Hospital, Uselu Dr. Olabisi Ihenyen kidnapped in Benin City.
19. September 10: The former Commissioner for Education, Edo State Barr.
(Mrs) Lucy Omagbon abducted in Benin City.
20. September 19: Wife of the GS, New Covenant Gospel Church Rev. (Mrs.) Abiola Omobude kidnapped in Benin City.
21. September 27: The MD, SAMOTACA Electricals Mr. Samuel Otasumaki kidnapped in Benin City.
22. November 7: The former Chief Medical Director, UBTH Prof. Eugene Okpere kidnapped in Benin City.
23. November 26: The GM, EBS Barr. Tunde Ebozoje kidnapped in Benin City. Reported kidnappings in 2011:
24: January 16: Former VC, Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma Prof. Dennis Agbonlahor kidnapped in Benin City.
25: February 2: Three female students of UNIBEN (names withheld) abducted in Benin City.
26. February 20: Rev. Mathew Okpebholo, the CEO, Ray Royal Construction Company abducted in Uromi.
27. March 16: A medical practitioner at the department of Haematology, (AAU), Ekpoma Dr. Festus Aisabohohale kidnapped in Irrua.
28. April 19: One Mr. Lucky abducted and whisked to Ogbese waterside.
29. April 28: Wife of the Enogie of Orhio community abducted, (Rescued).
30. May 15: A female worshiper Mrs. Patient Imahenahue abducted during worship inside kingdom hall of Jehovah’s Witness, Airport Road, Benin City (Rescued).
31. June: A six-year old girl (name withheld) kidnapped in Benin City, (Rescued).
32. July 18: A female gospel artiste Palmer Omoruyi kidnapped in Benin City.
33. July 19: Wife of Edo State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice Mrs. Florence Obayuwana kidnapped in Benin City.
34. August 28: The CEO, Tomline Construction Engineering, Elder Tes Sorae abducted in the deadliest operation in Benin City. (Four persons killed during the operation).
35. August: Provost, Edo State College of Agriculture, Iguoriakhi Kidnapped in his home town.
36. September 4: A Benin-based musician Bayo Ade kidnapped in Benin City. (Killed after collection of ransom).
37. September 25: The CEO, Nosaghare Plymouth bread and Nosaghare Group of Schools, Elder Nosaghare Eghobamien abducted in Benin City.
38. October: Rev. Father (name withheld) kidnapped in Abudu town (Rescued).
39. November 1: Wife of the former Speaker. Edo State House of Assembly Mrs. Phidelia Omokhodion kidnapped in Benin City.
40. December: The Executive Director, Greener Line Mr. Uhunume abducted in
41. December: Mr. O, Joseph and Mr. O. Edward kidnapped and rescued in Uromi
after paying N40million (forty million naira) ransom.
42. December 25: Mrs. U, Agarta kidnapped and taken to Ekosodin town near Benin City.
43. MD, Uyi electrical kidnapped in Benin City
44. Dan Odiete kidnapped in Benin City 4
45. A Benin Chief and owner of Bob Izua Motors, Chief Osamede Adun, was abducted from his private club, near his house along Ekpenede Street in the state capital.
These people were all kidnapped by kidnappers who came and got away with cars.