Beijing Man Electrocuted By iPhone While Using Knockoff Charger
A Beijing man has been in a coma for the past 10 days, after being electrocuted while using the charger for his iPhone 4.
Want China Times reported Friday that Wu Jiantong was shocked on July 8 and helped by his sister who heard him shouting and found him shaking on the floor with purple lips, Want China Times reports. Jiantong was using a charger that was not manufactured by Apple and may have been the cause of the electrocution.
The news out of Beijing follows reports earlier this month of a Chinese woman, Ma Ailun, killed by an electric shock when she answered a phone call on her iPhone 5 while it was charging. Apple said that it was investigating Ailun's death.