Monday 22 July 2013

Rivers crisis: I’m ashamed because those politicians are Christians – Oritsejafor


By 
Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor
The fracas, Oritsejafor said was against the principle of democracy, stressing that politicians must play the game to promote democratic values in the country.
The cleric while speaking with newsmen in Kaduna, Sunday, noted that the power tussle in the oil rich city had made the nation a laughing stock in the world, asserting that such attitude amongst Nigerian supposed leaders would kill Nigeria’s democracy.
While appealing to the parties involved in the fracas to sheathe their swords for peace to reign, the preacher said he felt ashamed that those involved in the crisis were Christians.
He added that it was not in the character of a good Christians to behave in the manner that most Nigerian leaders behave
The CAN president said, “I feel terrible about the happenings in Rivers State. I feel terrible for many reasons. I feel terrible because it is making Nigeria a laughing stock to the world.
“I feel terrible because it is happening in the part of the country where I come from. I feel terrible because many of the actors are supposed to be Christians.
“I feel sad because those involved in these things ought not to get themselves involved in such things at all.”
DailyPost

No comments:

Post a Comment