Friday 9 August 2013

'I had a feeling we were being watched': Housewife spots spooky alien face in oil painting she's had on her wall for 10 YEARS

 


  • Janice Craig loved the oil painting she had bought to brighten up her home
  • After ten years of it hanging on the wall, her husband noticed an alien face
  • Husband Brian said he had felt someone watching them in the living room
  • The couple quickly took the painting down and hid it in a spare room

By Jaymi Mccann

|



A housewife has told of her shock when she discovered a 'spooky alien face' had appeared in a painting that hung on her wall for ten years.

Janice Craig loved the oil painting she had bought to brighten up her home when husband Brian made the discovery.

The couple had been enjoying a romantic evening when Mr Craig, 57, leaned in to give Mrs Craig, 54, a cuddle.


Spooky: Janice Craig loved her still life painting but one day her husband Brian pointed out the little alien who had appeared inside the frame
Spooky: Janice Craig loved her still life painting but one day her husband Brian pointed out the little alien who had appeared inside the frame - but can you see it?

But he was left spooked after he spotted the face peering at him over her shoulder.

In the left-hand corner of the Robert Cox painting, beneath the vase of white roses, a ghostly image had appeared.

 




Mr Craig, a retired painter and decorator, from Walker, Newcastle upon Tyne, said: 'I suddenly felt like someone was watching me, so I looked up and saw this creepy face staring back at me.

'The odd thing is that for quite some time I’d had a strong feeling that we were being watched.

'Even when we were alone in the room, it felt like someone was watching us - I instinctively felt eyes were following me when I moved.'


Alien: Mr Craig said that he suddenly felt like someone was watching him and he turned round to find the face in the painting
Alien: Mr Craig said that he suddenly felt like someone was watching him and he turned round to find the face in the painting which has hung on the couple's wall for 10 years before they noticed


He said he got a 'massive shock' when he looked up and saw the face looking out of the painting.

He said: 'It was really eerie - it completely freaked me out.

'Once I’d noticed it, we couldn’t watch TV or relax without seeing it out of the corner of our eyes.'

Mrs Craig, who bought the Victorian-style original oil for £120 because it suited the room’s colour scheme, said: 'I didn’t notice the face for years and years, until Brian pointed it out.

'I can’t understand how I bought the painting and had it on the wall for 10 years without noticing it - so it makes me wonder if it has somehow appeared at some point during that time.


Alien
Art: Mrs Craig bought the Victorian-style original oil for £120 because it suited the room’s colour scheme

'Brian always said that he felt like someone was in the room with us, but I had never noticed anything until he spotted it. I was shocked when I saw the face, floating in the picture.

'There’s no question it is spooky - I think it looks like a small, alien child. You can see the outline and it’s eyes, nose and mouth quite clearly now, although I am sure it was never there before.

'Our family and friends have seen it and they all say it’s scary.'

Alarmed by their close encounter of an unexpected kind, the couple hastily took the picture down.

It now lies hidden behind a wardrobe in their spare bedroom.

But they feel they won’t be truly alone in their own home until the mystery 'alien' has gone, so they have put the picture up for sale on an internet website.

Mrs Craig said: 'I am quite superstitious, so I keep worrying it might have appeared for a reason and it would be bad luck to get rid of it.'

But her husband said the uninvited house guest has to go, adding: 'I’ll be glad to see the back of it.'


MailOnLine

No comments:

Post a Comment