Friday 2 August 2013

Why I Deal Mercilessly With Nigerian Policemen ––Notorious Robber Speaks


A most wanted armed robbery leader, Abiodun Ogunjobi, aka Abbey Godogodo, who has been terrorising the South-West of Nigeria for years, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command.

Speaking on our a became a criminal, Godogodo said: 
"[When I was young] I was charged for fighting; I spent about seven years in prison. My prolonged stay in prison for minor crime of fighting hardened me and I vowed to pay back the police for that injustice. After I was released, I went to Katangowa in Iyana-Ipaja area of Lagos to meet my friend, Odun.
“I started robbery in 1996 but in 1999... 
"Odun was an armed robber, so, we started operating together. We worked with several gangs and I invested lots of my money in arms buying. I also built five houses in Ifo, Ilaro, Ikorodu and Ibadan. I usually kill policemen and take their rifles because policemen have killed several of my boys and taken most of my rifles from them.

“I have no regrets for all I have done. I have no advice for young people, who want to become armed robbers like me. I have three children from three women. The police should take all my properties.”

According to police authorities, the suspect led the gang that killed seven people, including the owner of 04 Hotel, Ajah, Lagos, Olanrewaju Subair, on July 7, 2013. They also killed two other security guards at a popular hotel along Apapa Road, Ebute Meta area of the state on the same day.

The 36-year-old suspect was arrested by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad at his home in the Egbeda area of Ibadan, Oyo State, after he had been monitored for three weeks.

Policemen attached to SARS, said Godogodo narrowly escaped arrest on July 14, when he and members of his gang engaged SARS operatives in a shoot-out along Eko Bridge, Lagos Island, after they killed two policemen at Ebute-Ero and Ajao Estate respectively.

According to police authorities, the suspect had been evading arrest because he hardly used the same gang members twice.

A police source said:
“He is the most notorious armed robber we have had in the South-West in the past 14 years. We arrested him 11am on Thursday at his mansion at the Olowu area of Egbeda LGA Ibadan Oyo State and recovered two AK47 rifles and 10 loaded AK47 magazines in his house."
The Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, he would be given medical treatment and charged to court.
Olufamous

No comments:

Post a Comment