Friday 6 September 2013

I Don't Care If Pokello Is Older - Elikem



The “short” display of romance between Ghana’s Elikem and Zimbabwe’s Pokello when they kissed on stage after Elikem was evicted two weeks ago at the Big Brother Africa finals, must have made many among the audience and viewers across Africa exclaim under their breath, “these two again.”

And why not? The couple who were voted the show’s most romantic housemates probably wanted to send a signal that what they started in the house was real and not fake as many suggested.

Though there was a hint of a possible relationship back in the house and later confirmation by the couple themselves after the show, a lot of people have doubted the sustainability of Elikem 24, and 27-year-old Pokello’s relationship.

Following the talk about their age difference which seems to have created a lot of “buzz” recently, Elikem says he was not worried about age as a factor in choosing a partner he wants to be with. Elikem is three years younger than Pokello.

Speaking with Showbiz last Tuesday, he said though a lot of people have questioned the rationale for being an “item” with the older Pokello, he could not be bothered about their age difference.

“I don’t know why people would want to make a fuss about our relationship because of the age difference. If I find some qualities of a virtuous wife in a woman, I don’t know what age has got to with it.

“I went to the house not attached to any woman. By God’s grace, I found someone like Pokello and I don’t know why we both cannot start on a good note because of age factor.

“I don’t feel younger at all and I’m very much okay. I have dated a lady five years older than me before so the age difference between Pokello and I, is actually not a big deal for me,” he stated.

He dismissed claims that he was caught in a love triangle with housemates Feza, Fatimah and Pokello before finally settling on the Zimbabwean lady.

“I was never a playboy or confused as people are suggesting. The truth is that I made moves on Feza because I thought she was a nice person I could start something with but she turned me down because her culture frowned on a woman dating a younger guy.

“She also made me understand that she was in love with Oneal and I had to respect her decision. As for Fatima, she was just a friend and nothing more than that,” Elikem added.

On life in the Big Brother house, Elikem dispelled the public perception that most of the happenings in the House were staged.

“You have no idea how difficult it is to be locked up in a house with no radio and television. It is really a difficult situation and whatever viewers saw was100 percent real”.

He was rather hesitant to comment on Pokello’s sex tape with her ex-boyfriend because that was in the past and he was looking forward to the future with Pokello.

Elikem said he was not bothered by the cultural differences that exist between Ghana and Zimbabwe because from what he learnt from Big Brother, Africans are one people and marrying Pokello would have nothing to do with her nationality.

Asked how soon Ghanaians should expect to hear the wedding bells, he let out an infectious laugh and said: “It is too early to talk about marriage but I think things are looking good for us. We just started and waiting for what the future holds for us.”

Pokello is expected to be in Ghana on September 13 for Elikem’s welcome party at the Aphrodisiac Night Club and another at the Vienna City night club in Kumasi a week later.

For now, Elikem says he is taking advantage of the popularity gained from Big Brother to build his brand and acting career which took off before he entered the Big Brother house.

“I already have three scripts and I know people will enjoy that aspect of my life apart from the fashion business. Ghanaians should expect nothing but the best of Elikem ‘the tailor’ as I journey into the world of show business,” he stated.

Elikem was the first Ghanaian housemate to get to the finals of the Big Brother Africa show since its inception seven years ago. Before Big Brother, Elikem had a taste of the make-belief industry when he featured in two films by Abdul Salam Mumuni titled Cheaters and Hunters.

TON

No comments:

Post a Comment