Monday 24 February 2014

Jonathan Surrounded By Incompetent, Fraudulent Aides – Sanusi


The suspend governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has described President Goodluck Jonathan as a man trying to do well but whose efforts are being undermined by incompetent and fraudulent aides.
In an interview with AFP in Lagos yesterday, Sanusi said many of the people advising Jonathan are sycophants who do not speak frankly about the extent of corruption in his government.
He said, “When you sit with President Jonathan himself, he appears a nice simple person who is trying his best to do his best. His greatest failing obviously is that he is surrounded by people who are extremely incompetent, who are extremely fraudulent and whom he trusts,” Sanusi told AFP.
On why he secured a court order against his arrest, Sanusi said, “I thought taking away my passport was the beginning of infringement on my fundamental human rights.”
Regarding the allegations against him, Sanusi explained that he had written to the president when he heard about a report condemning his performance, asking if an explanation was needed, but received no reply.
He argued it would be too simple to describe his removal as payback for his attacks on the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
“Since 2009 I have been annoying the government… You’ve got people who think I have the wrong friends, people who think maybe I have not distanced myself enough from people who are seen to be opposition figures,” he further stated.
In the short term, he voiced readiness to face any attacks that may be coming from those committed to preserving the status quo, adding: “If I am sacrificed in whatever way, my freedom or my life… if it does lead to better accountability it will be well worth it.
“I think everybody has known that NNPC is rotten. I don’t think it has ever been as bad as this. The so-called kerosene subsidy money in fact pays for private jets…yachts… and expensive property in Beverly Hills and Switzerland,” Sanusi alleged.

Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment