Google+ Followers

Friday, 20 June 2014

Presidency Dispels APC’s Accusation Of Repression

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity

Presidency Dispels APC’s Accusation Of Repression

The Presidency has dispelled accusation by the opposition APC that President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration was repressive ahead of Saturday’s governorship election in Ekiti.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati, said in a statement issued in Abuja on Friday that the accusation was absolutely wrong.
The statement said the Jonathan administration had been most tolerant of opposition and most respectful of citizens’ rights of association.
“This accusation cannot stand at all. The Jonathan administration remains committed to democracy and its principles.
“Where elections are concerned, it is a matter of public record that Jonathan is committed to free, fair and the integrity of elections.
“This is in fact one of the major areas of achievements of his administration’’, the statement said.
According to it, in the Ekiti election and any other elections, the government is committed to one man, one vote; and one woman, one vote.
“At the same time, the security agencies have an obligation to ensure that the people, who want to compromise the integrity of the process, are not allowed to do so.
“Rather than cry wolf where there is none, it is the APC and its leaders that should embark on soul searching’’, it added.

No comments:

Post a Comment