Monday 25 November 2013

Kanye West Says Obama "Used" Him


The rapper also has pledged to never mention the president's name again.


Kanye West has imposed a gag order on himself when it comes to President Obama. In an interview that aired on Philadelphia's Hot 107.9 Monday, he said, "I'm not gonna mention him no more. I'm past that. That’s out my thoughts. That’s lowering my priority of thinking at this point.”
When West hears Obama's name, the memory of the two times Obama has referred to him as a jackass likely still stings.
One of the hosts asked whether he could imagine himself and his fiancĂ©e, reality television star Kim Kardashian, on a double date with the president and First Lady Michelle Obama to "break bread" while Malia and Sasha babysit his daughter North. But the rapper suggested that was not in the cards and that the president likes to use "icons" like him to make himself seem hipper.
“Oh, you mean like how he used to come and visit me and my mama and tell me that he’s about to run for president? Break bread like that, like back in the day?" asked West, who grew up in Chicago. “I just think that we’re pop icons, and the president likes to use that type of thing just to be down and stuff."
“I don’t care if someone’s the president or not,” he added. “I care about thoughts and how you helping people and what you bring to the world.”
BET Politics - Your source for the latest news, photos and videos illuminating key issues and personalities in African-American political life, plus commentary from some of our liveliest voices. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

BET

No comments:

Post a Comment