Tuesday 6 April 2021

Dr. Phillip Ideawor's Reaction to Reno Omokri's Attack on His Person.

 Good afternoon Distinguished Patriots of the FRN.


I thank you all my compatriots for your solidarity with me in the face of the social media mob attack driven by Reno Omokri and his gang on my character. 


It's even worse that he has not only crossed the line by sharing my telephone number online, but also directing trolls and  attacks at my wife. Reno grew up in Benin. He knows my wife, he is contemporary/mate with my wife's youngest brother. Yet out of morbid hatred for Mr President @PMB, our  party (APC) and country Reno  pretends he is fighting a just cause for the masses by going beyond focusing his anger on me who he claims is supporting President Buhari but is now directing mob attack on my family. 


That the foundation for Nigeria's  present troubles were laid by the PDP and Reno was indeed part of the PDP government is a fact. So we should all understand the source of his anguish  - separation from the national cake!


Whatever Reno et al are  saying about me easily drops off my skin as I consider him and people like him as belonging to a very anti people political ideology..... talk about Nigerian Health care? Which party introduced and embedded a capitalist, corruption laden and prone healthcare system on a resource poor country like Nigeria? Reno's PDP. And today, he or they dare preach holiness on this issue. 


The President's visit to the UK for medical checks should not even have generated any noise if the President's men had managed it appropriately. Firstly, the President's personal physician should have been the one speaking to press on this if at all necessary. It is a professional issue. Mr President have the right to life. He has the patient's right to be seen by his clinicians especially in his particular case where he was very ill some two or three years ago almost to the point of death. He needs regular reviews of his health status WITH HIS CLINICAL RECORDS which will be on a secure platform in the UK. So even if you flew the doctors into Nigeria, you'll be faced with the challenge of accessing his records in a secure manner except of course the hospital have a sister hospital or branch in Nigeria, in which they would have put in place a a connectivity contract to ensure the same level of safety of patient's data. The issue of management of patient's data is a big issue of the UK and the legal implications of a breach for Healthcare workers and institutions are huge. The UK have information commissioners and Caldicot Guardians for this issue.


Finally as a medical practitioner for me  to keep silent in the face of a brazen assault on the right of a person to not access his/her appropriate health care need for any reason is an attack on their human right. Again, I say, President Mohammadu Buhari is a human being and he has a right to life! You can't take this away from him on the alter of emotive consideration.


Again I thank members of this distinguished house for speaking out on my behalf even in places that I am not aware of.

God bless you All.


May God bless our President 


May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Dr. Phillip Ideawor. 

Chairman,

APC UK Chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment