Thursday 10 January 2013

Firearms Training CEO: If Gun Violence Prevention Goes ‘One Inch Further, I’m Going To Start Killing People’

By Rebecca Leber

Tactical Response CEO James Yeager
Pro-gun extremists have reached hysterics since reports that Vice President Joe Biden’s task force will consider executive orders to combat gun violence. The CEO of Tennessee-based Tactical Response, a firearms training company, delivered threats on YouTube that White House action would “spark a civil war.” CEO James Yeager said if gun violence prevention goes any further he would “start killing people”:
I’m telling you that if that happens, it’s going to spark a civil war, and I’ll be glad to fire the first shot. I’m not putting up with it. You shouldn’t put up with it. And I need all you patriots to start thinking about what you’re going to do, load your damn mags, make sure your rifle’s clean, pack a backpack with some food in it and get ready to fight. I’m not fucking putting up with this. I’m not letting my country be ruled by a dictator. I’m not letting anybody take my guns! If it goes one inch further, I’m going to start killing people.
The video was replaced with an edited version, but Raw Story has the original:
The Drudge Report only fed conservative outrage yesterday by comparing President Obama to Hitler, and Stalin. And NRA board member Ted Nugent claimed gun owners are the true victims, likening them to civil rights hero Rosa Parks.
The reality is no one will take away Yeager’s guns. Any executive order would likely strengthen background checks, a safety measure most gun owners endorse. A ban on assault weapons and the gun show loophole would require congressional action.
Update
TPM reports that Yeager’s training credentials are fraudulent. “I have confirmed with our Handgun Unit that Mr. Yeager is not a Department of Safety and Homeland Security certified handgun instructor and Tactical Response is not a department certified school,” a DHS spokesperson told them.
TP

No comments:

Post a Comment